AHLAN CATERING AND EVENT MANAGEMENT
Our events includes all decorations and services, veg and non veg items ,non veg fry items,desserts,ice creams,fruit items and all you need is here …..
Our special vanilla ice cream recipe is here for u………….
Ingredients (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1.5 cups full cream or full fat milk
- 3 to 4 tsp corn starch + 2 tbsp milk
- 3 tsp vanilla extract or 1 to 2 vanilla beans
- ½ cup sugar or add as per taste
- 200 ml cream or about ¾ cup cream, low fat 25% to 35% or whipping cream
How to make ice cream…. : Preparing custaurd sauce:
Before you begin, set the temperature in your fridge to its highest cold setting. in a small bowl, take 2 tbsp milk and 3 tsp corn starch. substitutions for corn starch are arrow root flour and rice flour. mix to a smooth paste.
Whipping fresh cream:
- in a saucepan or pan, take 1.5 cups full cream milk or full fat milk. add ½ cup sugar.
- keep this pan on the gas stove and begin to heat it. stir so that the sugar dissolves.
- when the milk becomes slightly hot, add the corn starch paste gradually.
- stir quickly so that lumps are not formed.
- simmer on a low to medium flame, till the milk thickens.
- the custard sauce should coat the back of a spoon.
- take the custard sauce in a bowl and allow it to become warm or cool down. then keep in the freezer for 45 minutes to an hour.
- remove from the fridge. change the temperature setting of your fridge back to the earlier one.
- with an electric beater, beat the custard sauce till it increases a bit in volume. beat on a medium to high speed for 1 to 2 minutes.
Preparing ice cream mixture:
- in another bowl, take about ¾ cup chilled fresh cream. you could use heavy whipping cream or 25% to 35% low fat cream. even malai (cream that floats on top of milk can be used). like always i used amul cream.
- now begin to whip the cream on medium to high speed. whip till you get soft peaks.
- add 3 tsp pure vanilla extract. here i used homemade vanilla extract. you can also add seeds from 1 or 2 vanilla beans.
- then add beaten thickened milk to the whipped cream + vanilla mixture.
- fold lightly taking care that the ice cream mixture holds the volume and does not fall flat.
- cover the bowl tightly with a lid or aluminium foil or cling film. keep in the fridge.
- when the ice cream is semi set after 4 to 5 hours, remove and whip again very well in the same bowl. cover again tightly and keep in the freezer for ice cream to set.
- when the vanilla ice cream is well set, scoop and serve in bowls or plates. you can top the ice cream with any syrup or fruits or serve it plain.
- JAMEER HABEEB 9495833321